Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring happenings in my 'hood


Now that the [enter any curse word here] snow is finally gone it seems as if Spring might really be here.  However, I write this knowing mother earth could really play a nasty trick on us and fool us yet again.
March is so tricky in DC.  Just last week the rainy-cold returned with temperatures in the 40's.  A friend warns me today's 80-degree weather will surely go away and one more day of bitter-cold will return.  DC weather drives me crazy, but one thing's for sure: SPRING!  Spring is here, thank G-d!  Even if one more day of long-sleeve temperatures return, I will survive, for there are flowers now - at least the gross snow is gone!

Enjoy the photos from my walk with the dog today.  The tulips everywhere fully bloom and smile at the sun.
Love it!

I love these drippy, pink flowers.  I have no clue what they are - but love them!
And we can't forget the featured DC spring flower/tree:  The Cherry Blossoms!

1 comment:

  1. The drippy things are called bleeding hearts just to let you know :)

    I am going back and reading all your posts, interested in how things are progressing for you as Our wedding is just 2 days after yours (reading this in October 2010, 8 months to!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails