Monday, April 26, 2010

i heart my camera

For my 28th birthday, I bought myself a camera. This is no point-and-shoot, my friends, this is a camera so cool it almost got us kicked out of a concert. It's a "professional camera." (whatever that means) However, I am no professional.
For my 28th birthday, Mike bought me photography classes with Sam D'Amico. These excellent classes opened my eyes to a world I never knew existed. All cheesiness aside, capturing moments with my camera invigorates me. Aperture, shutter speed, ISO - I love it all. I can do some pretty cool things with this camera. The world is at my fingertips, in my eyes, and stored on a memory stick. As an armature photographer, I find that stationary subjects are the easiest to shoot. However, I love shooting animals - which happen to move more than I'd like. Yelling at an animal to stop moving only seems to make it run away.

Here are a few of my favorite from a zoo shoot:


(One of these things is not like the other...)


And shots of things that don't move:

















Now, after seeing those amazingly talented photos, you're probably thinking, "wow, V is so cool. I wish she would come take pictures of my life and document my goings-on so I could remember them in quality photographs, even though I'm not an animal in the zoo."
And I will.
For free.
Because I need practice.
And I secretly love it.
So please, if you have something cool going on or just want to model your new boots for me, drop me a line.  (Just know that I might take a little extra time and might ask you not to move too much.)

Honestly, anything at all (family*, baby*, boyfriend/girlfriend photos for bday presents, fashion forward fun, beer pong, pets) - just tell me when and where, and my camera and I will be there.
Help me, help you, help me.

*mothers day is just around the corner!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. If Marge were up here, I would ask you to take a few shots of the DiBitetto girls! She asked for that for Mother's day, but it is so hard to get us all in one place!

    Your pics are fab and I love looking at them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to make a special request for you to come to Texas and take pictures of Squish... think you can make that happen????

    For you? A bottle of wine! ;-)

    I MISS YOU and can't wait for your wedding so I can finally see you after like a billion years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat - photoshop is amazing, but next time you three Deebs are in the same place, I'm bringing my lens.

    Jo - I might have reason to come to TX in late July, early August....will keep you posted on if said promised bottle of wine can lure me to Keller :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails