However I have quite the "to-do" list in my head.
And few people really understand this, because I'm often asked "What's left to do?" and then told "You've done it all!"
No. no. no!
There is still so much left to do!
How can anyone possibly think I can walk down the aisle tomorrow and everything will be roses and lace?!
Here's my psycho-bride to-do list:
(Volunteers accepted, but know that you're dealing with a bride...)
- bridesmaids gifts to be decided upon and purchased
- groomsmens gifts to be decided and purchased
- parents gifts to decide on and purchase
- buy new perfume
- buy earrings and bracelet (I bought a necklace!)
- create a preferred song list for the band
- meet with the band at the venue, to determine spacing
- meet with our planner to create a time-line
- purchase wedding insurance (for the site)
- create a photo-list (of specific shots we desire) for our photog
- finish my dress fittings
- research and reserve a make-up artist for myself
- practice walking in my 4" heels (I'm crazy)
- sign the florist contract
- have a cake tasting, determine cake design
- finalize hors d' oeuvres
- decide on invitations and finalize verbage
- ship invites to calligrapher
- send out invites
- finalize a rehearsal dinner location and menu
- purchase a ketuba (Jewish wedding contract)
- research and purchase kepote (yarmulkes)
- create a wedding program (mom's got this one)
- decide who will participate in our ceremony
- write our vows
- purchase Mike's wedding band
- decide on honeymoon location and purchase plane tickets, reserve rooms
- prenuptial counseling
- make a reception seating plan (after RSVP's come in)
- visit tux store and get Mike measured
- decide on vests for groom & groomsmen
- welcome bags in their ENTIRETY
- decide on bags (canvas? paper? handles? personalized?)
- purchase the bags
- buy things to put IN the bags
- collect metro maps and DC maps to put in the bags
- decorate the bags
I think I've successfully gotten myself all worked up.
Now who's doing what for me? And remember, you must run all decisions by me first.
Do you make to-do lists? Do they help or drive you crazy?