Friday, August 19, 2011

(Wedding Recap) Getting Me Ready

Many ladies shared with me that they didn't sleep the night before their wedding.  I wasn't going to let their horrible night's sleep get me! I totally took a Valium and slept like a baby. (<--take this advice)  My bestie (& bridesmaid) Meagan and I shared a junior suite the night before the big day.  Thank God for her, because she totally kept me sane.

That morning, when I woke up, I saw something on TV about a huge triathlon going on in DC.  It didn't phase me as a problem until our hair/makeup girls were 30 minutes late.  Cue a little anxiety.  However we changed plans about a week prior to have them arrive earlier.  So basically they were late to arrive early.  We were fine with time.



My bridesmaids arrived at our honeymoon suite with the makings for great mimosas.  They even had the little aluminum bottles (like mini coke cans) of champagne we had when first trying on wedding dresses!

champagne-death-grip

While I put my final post up as a single lady & my girls finalized their hair plans, I chatted with my mom, niece, brother-in-law, dad, and anyone else who took my mind off the fact my marriage was around the corner.
my niece, my salad, and me

This is me freaking out.
At one point I had to put on headphones and removed myself from the reality surrounding me.  
(I was listening to KT Tunstall, for those of you curious)

Mah hairs

By the way, don't eat a salad before your wedding.  I nibbled on it like a bunny, then scarfed down half of my niece's cheeseburger.  

Finally, the finished me!

THIS is one of my favorite pictures!

Veil me!

Grabbed "my things" and ready to go!
(note what's important to me here...)


{all photos courtesy of the wonderful Studio Juno }

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love love LOVE your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous lady! I was totally drinking champagne out of a can with a straw on my wedding day. It was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair and that blue top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patron and the cell phone! LOVE it!! :) I'm betting that salad nibble had a little something to do with the evening's ER visit, eh?
    How fancy of your girls to do mimosas!!! We had Coors Light... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked completely calm and serene during your getting ready time...awesome! love that you were listening to KT T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you were listening to KT too - great choice! I wondered what you were listening to at the time.... ;P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails