Friday, March 5, 2010

The Great Venue Search, Charlie Brown

Except no cute, bald-headed, awkwardly dancing cartoon characters...
(unless you count my dad... just kidding, Daddy!)

We are planning on having The Big Day here in DC.  After living here for 5 years, we now call our nation's capital our new home.  Plus, our close friends are here and family will travel anywhere.

The hardest thing about planning a wedding in DC will be not intimately knowing the area.  You could ask me where to go for great jazz music, the best dive bar, the wine-bar with the most ambiance, the most favorable place to catch a cab, the newest bar in Adams Morgan, the restaurant with the hottest waiters, the pub with the least-smelly bathrooms, or really anything involving food and/or alcohol and BAM, I would have an answer.  But where to get married?  Alls I gots is: The White House.  And I have a feeling no amount of money would get our party in that door.

I am, however, blessed to have Allison Jackson (Owner/Creator/Goddess of Pineapple Productions) as one of my Roommoms and parent of a student in my class (obvi).  How lucky am I?  Allison has not only come through with answers to several random questions (ie: What is considered the "normal" size for a guest list?) but also a list of 10+ quality venues for our wedding.  Thank G-D!

And so it begins.  I look at the websites, write down the info, groan over prices, mull over what they include (and who knew you had to pay for table cloths? *Ahem* Linens), and commit my next 4 to 6 Saturdays looking at empty dance halls as if they were mine.

We will start our virtual tour, commencing next post, with the lovely Glen Echo Park.
Don't forget to VOTE!  We are working on 250 votes!

0 comments:

Might as well leave me some comment love, please!

Related Posts with Thumbnails