Today is the first day of my summer vacation, also known as June (well, some of it), July and August (again, part of it). My friends give me a lot of grief about my summers off as a teacher. But let me tell you this friends, it is WELL earned! (I'll save that rant for another time).
However, I'm up early on my first day off to attend a hiring fair. As part of my school duties, I'm a member of the personnel committee and we have one more vacancy to fill before summer is through.
At any rate, these are my hopes and dreams for my summer:
My Summer Bucket List:
1. sit by the pool at some point
2. catch up on scrapbooking (at least one year's worth)
3. do 20 sit-ups and 10 push-ups a day
4. hire a wedding band
5. hire a wedding photographer
6. hire a wedding videographer
7. send out paper Save the Dates to invitee list
8. GET A NEW CELL PHONE
9. participate in my yoga studio's summer challenge (pratice 3x a week for July - Aug)
10. Help my sister and her family with the arrival of #2
11. play with playdoh
12. meet up with friends for drinks
13. take my dog to the "water park"
14. stay in my PJ's for an entire day
15. photograph the neighbor's baby (ya'll are on here now, we HAVE to make it happen :) )
16. start and finish a book, any book
17. go to my doctor(s) b/c taking care of yourself is healthy
18. make brownies
19. think about dieting (wedding dress slim down)