Monday, May 17, 2010

We have a date! And a hang up....

Finally, we decided on The Carnegie Institute.
Finally, we put a hold on a date (June 19, 2011!).
(update: Glen Echo let me cancel my hold no problem)

Finally, it was all coming together.
And of course there's a hitch in the plans.

I contacted the rabbi who we want to officiate and he said he'd get back to me after Memorial Day.  That is two plus weeks away and our hold is only for two weeks (I placed the hold on May 11).  Do we want only him to officiate and thus plan our date around his calendar?  Do we go ahead and book it and hope he can do it?  Do we hope can find someone just as awesome as him if he can't?

Yes we have other dates in mind, but we have a preferred one.

If only there was an Officiant-Rabbi-Robot with an open calendar!


  1. Can you not get your deposit back? Why not talk to the location and see if they can give you a few days extension? Worth a try! Good luck!

  2. I'd lend you my rabbis but they are all reformed so I don't think that will help. Of course you are welcome if you would like them.

  3. Oh no, there's no money put down yet. We won't put any $ down until we have positive confirmation from all sources, officiant included.

    We have released our hold for now and will place it again in a week's time.
    The CI did not seem concerned with our date being taken and is working with us.

  4. I know you have been through a lot with him with the coversion and all, so if it is important to you to have him be there you may have to work around his dates. I think you need to decide which is more important-this specific date or him. It could work out that he can be there on June 19th, but you should decide which you want more before you find out.

  5. When I got married we had the ceremony in our village church, and then the reception at a restaurant a couple of miles away. I was getting all panicky over lining up the dates, but we were really lucky because they don't have that many weddings.

  6. Dude if this is THE rabbi, then maybe you should adjust the date a smidge. Because honestly, this rabbi will probably be in your life for a long, long time. Wait, that argument is void b/c you'll have your wedding date for a long, long, longer time,... nevermind I have no idea what I'm talking about but I AM on the edge of my seat to hear the final date and location. :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails